The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Sunday, October 31, 2004
The best and worst of the long weekend...
Where to start, where to start...

First off, we set personal Egging records this week, cooking on it every day and running it for about 36 consecutive hours from Thursday afternoon to late Friday night. I made 16 pounds of Boston butt bbq to take with us to the race.

Saturday morning started early, as our ETD for the Atlanta Busch race was 7:30am. Although most everyone going had been to a race of some sort before, none had been to a busch race and others hadn't been since the late 90's.

The attendees were myself, my brother in law Todd, his two boys, our friend Tim, Todd's brother Adam and Adam's stepson Randall.

After our experience at the spring truck race, I figured there wasn't much of a chance of having a better day. Boy, was I wrong.

For Halloween, the weather was perfect ,if not a bit hot. Shorts and t-shirts were the order of the day, as were some pretty serious sunburns for some of us. (Mine is a nice two inch ring all the way around my neck. Great look.

We made it door to door going there in under 55 minutes and the trip home only took slightly longer. There were no waits for parking, food, souvenirs or anything.

The racing was awesome, even though the driver we wanted to win, didn't. I was disappointed that NASCAR ordered Matt Kenseth not to do any burnouts but to hurry to victory lane, as they were behind schedule. Thanks alot, assholes.

Point leader Martin Truex Jr. finished ninth, sentimental favorite Kyle Busch finished second, and personal favorite Robby Gordon finished fourth. Like I said, it was a good da all around.

The surprising part was the IROC race, which ran immediately after the Busch race. We watched about 30 of the 65 laps and it was some of the best racing I had ever seen. Ever. We never sat while they were running. I look forward to seeing the whole event next time.

We headed out due to some conflicting scheduled events, but it was one of the best days I'd ever spent at the track.

And by the way, I'm not saying anyone was drunk, but someone was shouring at Larry Munson on the radio. SHOUTING!! Apparently, he was disappointed that Larry was so negative all the time.

One more thing, we did pick up some souvenirs. My favorite is a Goodyear Racing Eagle tire used by Michael Waltrip sometime during the weekend. Todd got one of Junior's, and Adam got one too. I forget what driver, but I'm sure that all of our wives had about the same reaction.

On the way home, we got to hear UGA beat Florida for only the second time in 14 years, completing the Ron Zook era in style. Come on back, coach Spurrier. I think there are couple of SEC teams that might have some presents for you since you've been away.

Auburn was to play in Oxford at night, which is no small feat. Despite starting slow, Auburn picked it up in the second half and won going away 35-14. We're now 9-0 and have an off-week to prepare for November 13th when UGA comes to play the Tigers. Here boy...

With it's win Saturday, Auburn qualified for the SEC title game for only their second time.

Oh yeah, a big shout out to our friend Penny whose North Carolina Tarheels beat number three ranked Miami yesterday, moving Auburn up to number three in the polls. There still a lot of work to do, but I am still cautiously optimistic. Go heels!!

More to follow as the day progresses...



1 Comments:
Blogger Ethel said...
Well lookie what I found :)
Does this mean I get a mention, too? ;)