The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Friday, October 22, 2004
So this is the deal...
The Houston Astros had never won a post-season series before beating the Braves in the Division Series this year.

Now they can hang "they've never won an LCS" on Houston's head, because they gave up a 2-0 lead with Clemens on the mound and eventually lost 5-2 to St. Louis.

Now, all focus shifts to Boston for Game 1 of the World Series. This is the first year that the home field of the World Series was decided by which team won the All-Star Game. Is it a stupid rule? Of course it is. It's one of the many idiotic things Bud Selig did to this beloved game. But it worked out in the Red Sox' favor, since they will get home field advantage, and that means one extra game with the designated hitter.

Is the designated hitter wrong too? Most certainly. But if Selig came out today and said St. Louis had to pitch underhanded and wear swim fins in the series, I'd be okay with that too.

ESPN is touting some numerology about it having been 86 years since the Sox last title, and the last time they were in the Series was 1986. I don't know about all of that. I do know that both teams have tired arms and that both teams can hit the shit out of the ball.

Curt Schilling seems to be in favor of putting the sutures back in his leg to stabilize the loose tendon at least two more times before off-season surgery, so that alone should tell you how serious he is about this.

I can't believe that we are sitting here waiting for a World Series pitting my two favorite non-Atlanta teams against one another. There are no two cities more passionate and knowledgable about baseball and their teams than St. Louis and Boston.

So now, we sit and wait. I am fully prepared to be utterly crushed and disappointed, and I am fully ready for nine days of nausea.

This weekend is a big weekend again, but hopefully with less goings on OUTSIDE the house and more that involve me sitting on my ass watching TV or at least watching TV thru a window while playing in the yard with my daughter.

This afternoon and evening it's Martinsville qualifying on tape, Trackside (which I can't seem to get around to watching lately), fresh ribeyes with Dizzy Pig Raging River and Dizzy Pig Cow Lick, then it's cold beers and hanging out relaxing.

Tomorrow, we'll either attend Todd's tennis match or Jack's soccer game, then it's the truck race from Martinsville, then it's 7-0 Auburn hosting Kentucky at 2:30pm, followed by our heading to our friend Mary Beth's wedding that evening. Hopefully, we can get home not too long after game 1 of the World Series starts.

My parents will be picking up the urchin sometime in the morning since tomorrow is their neighborhood festival day and they think she'll have a good time at that.

Then Sunday, it's the Falcons visiting Kansas City at 1pm and the Cup race from Martinsville at the same time. There will be more football later in the day too, complete with some more Egging.

Which reminds me. Wednesday evening, Molly ventured where eagles dare, attempting her first solo cook on the Big Green Egg. She fired it herself with the MAPP torch, controlled the fire EXACTLY at 350, and proceeded to make ABT's and chicken breasts with Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin on them. The whole thing was perfect and I was and am very proud of her.

Our neighbor Andy also came over and brought his daughter Emma and an Extra Large Cooley's Pizza original white, no tomatoes and add steak. We ate that kind of as dessert.

Good stuff.

Last night, she tried her second cook, but due to poor information on my part, we lost the potatoes with Raging River, thanks to no instructions on what Indirect Cooking means. Luckily, we only lost 75 cents worth of potatoes instead of a couple of badass steaks. But next time, we'll be ready. We also had hot dogs, bubba burgers, and portabellos stuffed with little smokies and cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. They were apparently quite good.

One thing that was exceptionally good was what she did with the leftover chicken from Wednesday. Molly made chicken salad out of the smoked Tsunami Spin chicken, and it was AMAZING. I am planning a chicken salad only chicken cook for Sunday afternoon, as I expect it's tough to get better food cheaper than bringing your own chicken salad to work for lunch.

That's all for now, boys and girls. Since Officer J.M. Craig of the Gwinnett Police has refused my polite requests for a return phone call regarding my auto accident on 10/13, I have decided that I have no choice but to call the Western Precinct every 30 minutes until he calls me back. It's my insurance rates and rating on the line here...not his. There is no way I am going to give in and pay half of this bullshit without a fight.

Fingers crossed, people.


1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Todd Burger is about as dumb as a bag of hammers!