The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Thursday, October 14, 2004
Who says there's no curse?
Yesterday, the Red Sox played better, only losing 3-1 to the Yankees. I told you that Schilling wasn't right in Tuesday's game. During game 2 of the NLCS last night, a seemingly innocuous update crawl ran across the screen. Among other un-important things, it said that "Curt Schilling has an ankle tendon injury that will require surgery either immediately or in the off-season. His status for the rest of the playoffs is questionable..."

And for the third time in as many days, I felt nauseous. He's going to win the Cy Young award and he was going to bring a Championship to Boston. Now, it's "wait'll next year" all over again.

Good grief.

The Cardinals briefly trailed the Astros 4-2 last night until someone in the home dugout woke up and said "Hey...we're the Cardinals. Let's finish this," and they did. The rally was capped with a Jim Edmunds two-out bases loaded double that score three and made it 10-4 in the sixth, and from there, not much mattered. A Yankees-Cardinals series appeals to me okay. Of the non-Braves teams out there, my two favorites are the Red Sox and the Cardinals. I only hope the Cards can beat the shit out of the hated pinstripers.

It's now been about 18 hours since my encounter and ensuing contact with the world's dumbest driver. I was getting over it, but driving to work today I started getting mad about it again. There is no way on earth I should have to pay a penny for this shit, and yet, I am looking to be on the hook for a minimum of $1,100 (my $500 deductible plus three years without my good driver discount of $200 per year).

I keep thinking I'm fortunate no one was hurt, but then I think that maybe that would have swung things my way. How on earth any cop anywhere can not issue a ticket to a car making a fucking U-turn with no signal in the middle of traffic ACROSS DOUBLE YELLOW LINES is ludicrous. The guy said that, if she didn't stop moving BEFORE executing her U-turn, then I was at fault because I crossed the double yellow to go around her.

Really Deputy Fife? And if I had not attempted to miss her, wouldn't her making a U-turn across the same double yellow lines have been the same violation? You're telling me that we have to split costs because she hit me BEFORE breaking the law A SECOND TIME??

I was also told by the insurance company that no one in my car could be a witness to the accident because they would be swayed in my favor.

Ummm...so a person in the passenger seat who ended up just inches from the face of the woman who drove like she was in an empty parking lot practicing for her learner's permit can't be a witness, despite seeing the incident from closer than anyone else? Who writes these dumbass rules?

Jesus fucking Christ. I may have an aneurysm before this is all said and done. I will be contacting her insurance company and attempting to make things right, but I was already told that in negotiating with my insurance company, if the two parties decide that litigation is more expensive than the repairs, they'll just agree that me and Mrs. Crazy will split everything, meaning again, money out of my pocket.

How do things like this happen to me? I spend 20 years with not so much as a scratch on my car outside of my own garage, and then this? I would have been less upset if an ACME anvil had fallen out of the sky and landed on my car. At least THAT would have been a funny story.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled browsing while I consider buying a firearm...
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
If you did buy a firearm, you would end up shooting yourself. Because you are a moron.

How many times has you BGE flashed back on you, shit for brains?