The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Friday, November 05, 2004
Help a guy up just to knock him down again....
So, you may remember my accident rant of a few weeks ago. If not, you can read it here:

http://markbacker.blogspot.com/
2004/10/hows-this-for-kick-in-fucking-groin.html

Then, I filed a claim with State Farm, the insurance company for the crazy dumbass that ran into me. I followed the instructions from my insurance company for this. A couple of days later, I received a phone call that was a recorded interview about what happened.

This past Tuesday, someone came to my office from State Farm and did an estimate of the damage on my car. I called them that afternoon and asked what it meant. The State Farm person said "we're sending you a check and it will be mailed within 48 hours. Would like it sent to your home or your office?"

Superb, I thought. Justice has finally prevailed. Despite the recklessness of the bitch who ran into me and the complete and total incompetence of the cop that filed the erroneous report and refused to return my calls for almost two weeks, good had won out over evil.

Then came the nut shot.

This morning (Friday, November 5th) I received a phone call from someone at State Farm. Let's call him Fucking Asshole Shitbag Cocksucking Bastard. Anyway, FASCB said that his company had reviewed the incident and interviewed both parties, and they had concluded that they were not paying the claim.

What? What did you just say, asshole?

I asked "how is that possible? You told me three days ago that you WERE paying the claim. It says so on the estimate."

He said "we reviewed the report and decided that both parties were equally at fault. Since she's not filing a claim of her own, we're not paying anything."

Silence.

At this point, I think I blacked out. I rallied quickly and tried to say"a representative from your company told me to expect a check, and now you tell me you're not paying? That's wrong."

What I think came out was "You and your company fucking suck and you're a fucking asshole," followed by me hanging up the phone. Luckily I have access to many office phones, because that phone doesn't work anymore. It seems that it wouldn't hang up properly, so I had to keep hanging it up over and over again, firmly.

So now, it's back to having to pay my deductible plus the cost of a rental car for a week because I happened to turn left behind the dumbest bitch alive with a license and insurance. I would rather she had gotten out of the car and said "fuck you!! I don't even have insurance!" That would have been easier to take than this punch in the groin.

My insurance company is reviewing the information and are going to try the "we think this wasn't a 50-50 wreck, but more like a 75-25 wreck with the majority of the fault in your client's hands."

Except since Sheera, lord of the idiots, isn't filing a claim to fix her seven year old hunk of shit Camry, the $1,854 isn't enough to make my insurance company fight, or even want to fight. The cost of anything more than a couple of "no she didn't...yes she did" phone calls is a waste of time and money for them. So again, it falls on me.

I have had an accident free driving record for twenty years. Despite two speeding tickets over the last four years, I am a good and safe driver. Then this happens.

Next time, I am getting out of the car with my MagLight, cracking her in the noggin and kicking the shit out of her car, then driving away.

Maybe then I could get some sleep...
2 Comments:
Blogger Ethel said...
That sucks, dude. That sucks royally.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
If you were not an asshole (and a huge blabber mouth) the claim would have been resolved in your favor. Dope.