The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Tuesday, November 23, 2004
It almost Thanksgiving
and I couldn't be more excited. This year will mark the second year in our new house, and the first year that we've hosted Thanksgiving at our house.

We had spent a good deal of time waffling about who was going to make what and all of that business, when out of the blue, a vision appeared courtesy of some site thru MSNBC.COM or Paul Prudhomme or some such place, and the word itself is magic:

Turducken.

Huh? What'd you say again?

I said Turducken.

The Turducken is a magical beast prepared in the following manner:

You debone a turkey and lay it out flat, line it with Andoulle sausage stuffing, then lay a de-boned duck on top of that and line the duck with more andoulle sausage stuffing, then finally you wrap all of that around a deboned chicken and you stuff that with cornbread stuffing. The entire thing is tied up nicely, covered in a cajun seasoning, vacuum sealed and frozen.

I searched high and low for this entity. I checked our local butcher, but theirs were $125 bucks, and obviously outsourced from someone else.

Then I found one online that I could order from CajunGrocer.com for about $85 shipped, but that still seemed a bit high to me.

Finally, I found a place called Cajun Meat Company. They are located at 2207 Roswell Road in Marietta, in the East Lake Village Shopping Center by Marshall's.

The beast is 17 pounds and thawing nicely. It will be cooked on the Big Green Egg and should be delightful.

We are also enjoying keeping a running Turducken Photo Diary on the Big Green Egg messageboard.

I will have more as the week goes along regarding the birds.

Oh, one thing about Auburn's position in the polls right now. Part of the deal is strength of schedule, and that's what builds up teams like USC and Oklahoma's rating. As we speak, some fucking west coast prick has Georgia ranked 16th and Arizona State 8th.

Read that again. UGA is 16th in his poll, and ARIZONA FUCKING STATE is ranked 8th. And I just found out that the same douchebag has Texam A&M ranked 10th!! That does a LOT to build USC's BCS ranking, and it's based on shit.

Combined with the fact that the coach's poll will be secretly done on December 5th, this entire system is conspiring to fuck one of the two best teams in the country. I am sorry about my language, but this has gotten absolutely ridiculous. There must be some accountability, or the whole system is fraudulent and a sham. Oh wait. The BCS IS fraudulent and a sham.

That said, only three things will help us. Two of them are to yell Go IRISH for the rest of this week and Go Iowa State and Go Bruins next week.

The third thing that could help (but I'm sure not much) is to do everything in our power to beat the living shit out of Tennessee. Running up the score? You're damn right, Phil. Sorry about that honor thing, but there are bigger things at stake. I hope I see flea flickers, reverses, fake kicks and every no-huddle play imaginable from Tuberville and the staff.

War Eagle and screw any teams west of the Mississippi!!