The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Wednesday, November 10, 2004
Three more days...
until the Auburn-Georgia game. I don't really have anything today. I just keep thinking "Red Sox...Tigers...Red Sox...Tigers" and wondering why CAN'T this be our year? No, we haven't waited since 1918. We won a national title in like 1957 and went undefeated again in 1993 while on probation, so they weren't eligible for TV or a bowl game or anything else.

But I keep asking myself over and over, why CAN'T we win it all?

We've got senior leadership in our quarterback. We've got two of the best running backs in the country. We have an offensive line that is working well together. We have a defense that plays like 11 angry lunatics all on the same page, and our defensive speed combined with the schemes have been great all year. Auburn has given up one measly rushing TD all year, and that was in mop-up mode against Kentucky.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. What we must first ask is "can Auburn beat Georgia on Saturday?"

The answer is certainly yes. But can UGA beat Auburn? Of course they can. Here are the factors as I see them today:

Auburn is at home. Ordinarily that is worth a lot, but in this series, the road team has a history of making trouble for their hosts.

The game is during the day, which I see as an advantage for Auburn. This game is usually at night, and that's another factor in getting the visiting team fired up even more than they would be already.

In an odd twist, UGA has simplified their offense throughout the season, while Auburn has made theirs more complex.

UGA's receivers are vastly better than Auburn's. This could be neutralized, however, by Auburn's defensive backs and the ability of the front four to put pressure on David Greene.

Auburn has more quality depth at running back than UGA, and the Tigers' ability to keep their backs fresh in the third and fourth quarters will be key.

These are only a few of the factors to consider, and I will get into more of this tomorrow and Friday before I make my prediction for the weekend.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm feeling a little nauseous about the game, and I may very well throw up a little.

War Eagle everybody.