The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Monday, November 22, 2004
War Damn Eagle!!
Auburn won the Iron Bowl over Alabama Saturday leaving the Tigers a perfect 11-0 for the regular season. It was the fifth time that Auburn has played Bama at Bryant Denny Stadium and the Tigers have won ever time. Just one of those wierd stats, I guess...

This game was not a pretty one at all. Auburn played by far its worst 30 minutes of football in the first half on a sloppy field, but they only trailed 6-0. Bolstered by the defense's first half performance which saw Bama come away from three first and goal situations with a scant 6 points, the Tigers came out in the second half and scored touchdowns on their first three possessions while holding the Tide to three and outs each time.

This is the first time Auburn has been undefeated in the regular season since the 1993 probation team that won the "radio national championship" due to their banishment from televised play.

Now, the Tigers get a bye week to wait for Tennessee, who will host Kentucky this Saturday. The Tigers will play the Vols in the SEC Championship game on Saturday, December 4th.

Auburn still sits third in the polls behind USC and Oklahoma. It's important for everyone to become a Notre Dame fan this weekend. If the Irish can cowboy up and muster up some help from Touchdown Jesus, then this whole issue would go away.

I can't imagine how mad I'd be if I were a Utah fan though. They are alos undefeated, but literally have no shot of getting in even if one of the top three teams lose. That makes me feel a little better. And I do only mean a little.

Kurt Busch won the innaugural Nextel Cup title yesterday, which makes me sick. The thing was a joke and Kurt's a complete dick, and now I've gotta listen to a year of "2003 champ" talk from him and everyone on TV.

I won't beat this to death here (mostly because I will do it in the days and weeks to come in my racing columns) but the "Chase" was a fraud that would have seen Busch finish 247 point out and in fourth place.

More to come this week regarding pro basketball fights, college foot"brawls" and other excitement...

War Eagle!!