The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
Look everybody!!! It's a car fire!!!
So I was on my way to work today at the usual time of 6:05am, and at about the halfway point, traffic slowed to an absolute crawl. Since I live in metro Atlanta, traffic at any time of day does not surprise me. When I heard on the radio there was a car fire near my exit I said to myself "well, that explains it."

Except it doesn't.

I had never seen a car fire before today. And quite frankly, I'm a bit disappointed. I was expecting a whole lot more.

When I finally got to "the scene," what I found was a late model Ford Taurus on the right side of the road, a cop car behind it and a fire truck parked in front of it. When I got closer, I saw one fireman pointing the hose under the semi-closed hood and under the wheel well.

Wow.

Why does this require every person on a six-lane interstate to stop and stare? I have no fucking idea. It took me ten extra minutes to get to work today because the firefly-like drivers of Atlanta couldn't go by some whisps of smoke at more than 3 feet a minute.

I shudder to think what would happen if there were an eclipse or something.

People bitch about California's traffic, but I assure you that what we have here is as bad or worse, especially when you factor in the collective negligence and ignorance of the folks on the road with me.

I know that's not much, but it's what I got today.

Oh, if you are one of the five people left in the continental US that don't yet have a g-mail account and you'd like an invite, email me at my profile address or respond to this blog, and I'll send you one. I have nine left. Hooray!