The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Friday, January 14, 2005
Remember when...
I am not one of those "when I was a kid, we had to walk to school with bread bags on our feet to keep them dry and warm potatoes in our pockets to keep our hands from freezing" type of guys. I either rode the bus or my dad drove me, I had indoor plumbing, and we had air-conditioning by the time I was in 8th grade. We were not wealthy, but we weren't poor either. We were just a family in the 70's.

When we were kids, our parents practically kicked us out of the house to go play outside with our friends. In the summertime, we'd be out after a heaping bowl of Cap'n Crunch, in for a quick lunch and out again, only to be ordered home after dark around 12 hours after we left that morning. And we liked it.

We also made fun of the fat kid in the neighborhood. You know why? Because seeing a fat kid was so rare at that time that that's what you did. Now, the fat kids would gang up and beat the rare skinny kid's ass, but I digress.

Anyway, what made me think of this is a clip I saw on the internet today. Check this out:

The downfall of humanity

I have one question:

What the fuck was that?

Wanna know why our kids today are fat and functionally retarded and getting worse every day? Here's why. A kid with a broken arm playing Playstation two with her nose.

I am literally about to be sick.

You are looking at what, in 15 years, will be an adult that weighs 285, can't figure out why she's fat, and will probably want her insurance to pay for gastric bypass surgery or whatever trendy cure for fat is available at that time.

I hope this kid gets rich off of this tape, because I don't see our future 1/10th of one percent on the screen...do you?




1 Comments:
Blogger Nancy said...
This really struck a chord with me. There were very few fat kids when I was growing up either. We spent most of our days outside running and playing, and mostly burning off excess energy so we did not drive our parents crazy. The other big thing was that we did not eat fast food on a regular basis. I feel very sorry for these poor children, who are fed fast food and baby sat by tv and video games.