The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Monday, July 04, 2005
Happy Fourth of July everybody!!
As I sit here the morning after my 37th birthday, I find myself pondering a few things:

The first one and most obvious is, why in the fuck can I not sleep? I mean, in highschool and college I could stay up really late and sleep late too. Then, sometime in my mid to late 20's, I started waking up early. And now, on a good day I can sleep seven hours, but most days it's between five and six. So it's either stay awake until 2am so I can sleep until 8am (on the weekend) or go to bed at 11pm and be up doing this and playing in an online poker tournament at 6:24 in the morning on a national holiday?

What's happened to the fourth of July in the last thirty years? Yes, it's a national holiday and yes, folks still enjoy it, ,but I remember the bicentennial, and that was kickass. Since then, it's like people sort of stopped caring. I know that not every July 4th can be like that one, but you would think that someone (like Donald Trump) would put together some sort of proposal or committee or something to put this holiday back on the top of the list.

There may not be much funnier than putting a digital camera in a three year old's hands and sending her off to take pictures around the house. The stuff she comes back with is hilarious.

Speaking of my three year old, there is nothing sweeter than the hugs you get on your birthday because she remembers how big her birthday was to her. Oh, and on a semi-related note, there isn't much funnier than putting a few rolls of crepe paper in the hands of said 3 year old and tell her to decorate the house for daddy's birthday.

My sister in law (who lives across the street) backed out of her driveway and hit my dad's car. That's all I'm going to say about that...

Another thought about the fourth of July here. I thought the fourth was the fourth. Not the second, third or fifth. So why is it that folks are shooting off fireworks in my neighborhood From Friday thru last night? I'm not being a grump, but it's against policy...isn't it?

You can have your beef tenderloins or your filet mignons or your lobster but, for my money, there's no better food on the planet than leg of lamb. Cooked right, it's just amazing.

I don't know who thought of combining fast food joints, but the guy that decided to put Taco Bell and Long John Silver's in the same building near my house deserves a Pulitzer prize.

I put a new front door knob / lock assembly on my front door, and I really think that job is one of the worst around the house. Your margin for fuckup is near zero, and if you mess up, you have to replace the door, then you have to paint the door, and then the door won't match anything really so you have to paint the whole house. Basically the intial cost of $70 could end up costing you about $2700. That's nothing to sneeze at when picking up your screwdriver.

Oh, and thanks to the douchebag that put in our doorknobs. Since you used an electric screwdriver, every fucking one of the screws is stripped, and if they're like the ones I took out of the front door, the ones that aren't stripped will have the heads just pop right off, leaving one to try to figure out how to drill out a broken screw.

Time for a shower and getting ready to get stinky out of bed...
1 Comments:
Blogger Ethel said...
A. Ha ha ha...you are really old. I was born in the bicentennial. Ha ha ha.

B. Hey, if I live to see 100, it will be the tricentennial. How cool is that? Way cool.

C. Would you pick a template already? I can't deal with all these changes.

D. You've had some nice bloggage lately. Kudos!