The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
I have stumbled upon television nirvana
Although I am a huge fan of The Family Guy and Reno 911!, for my money, there's not a better show on television today than Penn and Teller's "Bullshit." Sure, it's funnier if you are line with some of their politics, but they do a nice job of attacking everyone, which is nice.

*****Subject change alert *****

I had a lot of stuff I was going to say about this show, but then I got an email from my lovely bride.

Before I tell the story, let me backtrack a bit. Our house has a nice 150 square foot, T-shaped room over the garage with a window that looks out the front of the house that, since the day we saw the house, I KNEW would make a great office / man-room for yours truly.

Anyway, the project to finish said room has been a relatively slow one. We got it insulated, powered, cabled and phoned pretty quick with the help of B-I-L Jeff. Then we got 90 percent of it primered, but never painted. Finally, this last week, while getting the rest of the house painted inside and out, we got the room painted nicely and said B-I-L built me some access doors for the storage areas inside.

Anyway, my point for this room was a nice (but cheap) desk, bookshelves for all of my books, a wall containing photos of great Americans (I'll get to that later), my x-box, playstation2, tv, a vcr/dvd for race recording and sports watching, and finally a home for my La-Z-Boy.

Those of you that remember us pre-Urchin (and immediately after her blessed arrival) might remember the La-Z-Boy. It's a beautiful, functional, very comfortable chair that provided brief periods of peace amid the hoopla that was Lauren's early time on this spinning rock. Even when she didn't want to sleep or couldn't sleep, Ole Trusty Chair would let me sleep holding the urchin, and she too would sleep.

Bottom line: It's a special chair.

Anyway, fast forward to new home time, and suddenly the chair is "that old chair" and no one wants it anywhere near the living space. So I say "fine." My plan was to not share it anyway.

Now, since the painting's done, we've put a rug down in the man-room and have decided that, rather than buying and installing flooring, we'd go the rug route.

So, last night, days after assembling my great new desk and moving in my bookshelf and tv stand and a nice lamp, I brought up "the old chair." Getting it into the man room thru its 2/3 sized door was sort of like a birthing event in and of itself. But then, there she was. In all of her glory. My La-Z-Boy.

No more fighting for chairs or sofas or room on the floor. Come football season and Sunday nights (or any night after the urchin(s) were asleep) this room and this chair were mine, all mine. And then today, the wife sends me the following pictures:





I mean, what the fuck does a guy have to do these days to get a little privacy, huh?