The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Call me insensitive
I posted a little bit on this at a messageboard I frequent and I got flamed for it, so I decided to expound on it a bit here.

Ashley Smith (the woman that talked escaped murderer Brian Nichols into surrendering in March 2005) is now on a full blown media tour. She's written an apparently very forthright book about herself and that day and the rest of her life as well.

See, back in March, everyone was so impressed by this God fearing single mom who just tried to do the right thing that we ran around slapping hero tags on her, and I was one of them.

Hell, I'm still one of them. If Brian Nichols had walked into my house, I'd have shat myself and not been real sure what to do after that.

However, the point of this post is that now, months later, she's admitted that she used Meth to help calm him down and get him to listen.

"Hmmm" you're probably saying. "Where does a God fearing single mom get Meth on such short notice?"

Good question. It was hers.

Oh, and there's more. The 27 year old single mom whose husband died in a knife fight a few years ago and who didn't have custody of her then six year old daughter was (and still is) an unemployed, teeth falling out of her head (her words, not mine) Methamphetamine user.

Don't be confused here, folks. Methamphetamine is not a gateway drug. It's not booze and it's not pot. It's closer to crack and heroin. I don't think alot of folks wander out of their Promisekeeper's meetings and say "I need to wind down, so I'm gonna pick up some meth." It just doesn't happen that way.

Also, she says she wasn't going to do meth with Nichols, because she didn't want to face her maker like that.

I'm letting that one go for now (and maybe for good).

Now, she's a "God this, Jesus that, the Lord this" blah blah blah girl who is nothing more than what I loathe above all others: the reformed anything.

I used to smoke and don't know, but I hate ex-smokers. Almost all of them.

Self righteous recovering alcoholics I hate too.

Folks that find religion after a lifetime full of treating everyone in their lives like shit suck.

The same goes for folks that used to cheat on their spouses, used to steal, cheat, lie, commit fraud, do drugs, etc.

The only thing worse than someone telling me NOT to do something is someone that used to do that something a LOT and then telling me how wrong it is to do it.

Let's get this story straight. Here's a woman who married a bad guy who together had a kid, made some terrible choices, and eventually her baby daddy got killed in a bar parking lot in a knife fight.

The widow Smith moved to metro Atlanta without the daughter she couldn't have custody of, and proceeded to shovel herself full of methamphetamine and who knows what else.

Then, an escaped murderer walks into her house, she gives him some meth and talks him into surrendering, and that's supposed to give her permission six months later to go on the talk show circuit (it's the Onah Wintrey show today) and lecture me in the name of the Lord?

Please.