The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Thursday, November 17, 2005
Percocet and the Butcher Shop
So yesterday morning, the wife and I dropped urchin 1.0 off at school and headed for the local butcher to see about ordering our 2005 Thanksgiving Turkey.

We walked to see Ronnie and one of the boys cutting some great looking beef tenderloin and asked "So, what's the deal with fresh killed and / or free range turkeys?"

Ronny explains that he's tried both and that they now do both, although they've done the fresh kill birds for between twenty and thirty years and that they were very happy with the guys they used for both.

So I ask "So tell me Ronnie...how much are the birds either way?"

He answers "The fresh killed one is one twenty nine and the free range bird is two ninety nine."

I was a little shocked, but the wife and I conferred and agreed to order the fresh killed option.

Once we got to the car I said "I was a little shocked back there. Usually you are the one that reins that stuff in cost-wise, and you were pretty cavalier about a $130 bird."

The wife paused, looked at me and said "$130? What are you talking about?"

I said "He said the turkey was one twenty nine and if we wanted free range, it'd be two ninety nine. That seems a little high."

She laughed and muttered "You dumbass. He meant $1.29 and $2.99 per POUND!!"

"No way," I said.

And so she turned around and we went back to the Butcher's shop. I offered to get the matter cleared up while she waited in the car. She decided, however, that she didn't want to miss this one for the world.

I told Ronnie the story and got laughter from all of the help, and then Ronnie said "for that I oughta prepare it and bring it over to you, wouldn't you think?"


Oh well. Who cares if one more establishment in our sleepy little burg thinks I'm an imbecile?
5 Comments:
Blogger Ethel said...
I told that story all day yesterday. That and your description of a pedometer. Good stuff.

Blogger Nuggie99 said...
That there's funny, I don't care who you are.

Blogger Tiny said...
Must be awful big birds to cost that much.......

Blogger NineCats said...
Dan, I was thinking the same thing...

Those are some GOOD drugs you're on Todd!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
My name is Laura Clos and i would like to show you my personal experience with Percocet.

I am 43 years old. Have been on Percocet for 1 week now. It does kill the pain, but I found that I get itchy with this drug like I do w/ morphine.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Itchiness and bizarre dreams about zombies.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Laura Clos

Percocet Prescription Information