The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Sunday, November 27, 2005
Today's Question O' The Day
Comes from my friends Staci the Christmas hater. She asks:

"What is a nebulizer?"

A nebulizer is "A device used to turn liquid into a fine spray."

Another much better definition is "a machine that changes liquid medicine into fine droplets (in aerosol or mist form) that are inhaled through a mouthpiece or mask. Nebulizers can be used to deliver bronchodilator (airway-opening) medications such as albuterol and Atrovent, as well as anti-inflammatory medicines (Pulmicort Respules). A nebulizer may be used instead of a metered dose inhaler (MDI). It is powered by a compressed air machine and plugs into an electrical outlet."

The idea is that you put on one of those little paramedic masks and the patient inhales the medicine repeatedly over about 10-15 minutes every four hours.

The bad thing is that 3 year olds have no patience for the mask, and the thing sounds like a supersized fish tank oxygenator, which also sucks.

Thanks for your question Staci. Hope you have a great day.

p.s. Thanks for the well wishes, Ethel. I hope to stop taking up so much of your time with our crap soon. LOL
2 Comments:
Blogger Staci said...
Very cool. I had no idea. We don't have those in the sticks of SE Ohi-ya. ;-)

Love, The Christmas Hater

P.S. Do I win anything?

Blogger Ethel said...
Ack. I have to occasionally do the nebulizer with albuterol. It makes me feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin. Can't be fun for a little one. :(