The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Sunday, December 11, 2005
The turning of a new leaf
Yesterday was December 10th and marked the one month anniversary since my bypass surgery. Since then, I' ve had highs and lows, but personally (healthwise), more lows than highs.

Yesterday however, I decided to make a change. First of all, you all may recall a blog about a car accident I was in back in September that was totally not my fault and was ruled an uninsured motorist accident, meaning I was on the hook for $250 but with no impact on my rates or driving record.

I have been fighting this since the beginning saying that I wasn't gonna pay a thin fucking dime for an accident that I only kept from being much much worse.

Well yesterday I gave in. In an homage to the show "My name is Earl," I decided that fighting this thing over a piddly $250 bucks was risking some karmic change that I wasn't willing endure.

I also decided yesterday afternoon that I was not sick anymore. Sinus infection, ear infection, busted eardrum, whatever. I am not sick. I will go about the business of resuming my life. I will exercise, eat right, help take care of my babies, and do the things around the house that I can until such time that I can't. I will go to my doctor's appointments and if they have to drain fluid again, so be it. But I am living my life.

Yesterday, we cooked steaks on Saturday night for the first time in seemingly forever. I had half a ribeye and a quarter of a twice baked potato, and both were awesome. The steaks were actually some of the best that we've ever made.

I also had my first beer since Halloween, and let me tell you, it was glorious. It was like that sip you got as a kid when your grandpa let you open his little pony Miller High Life and take a sip before you gave it to him. It was glorious.

I also enjoyed the fact that I could eat a reasonable sized meal, have two beers (which is within the surgeon's recovery guildelines for me, by the way) and enjoy a regular, old fashioned Saturday night.

I'm also down 29 pounds as of this morning. That brings me to 221 pounds which is a level I haven't seen in several years. I actually mentioned to the wife this morning that if I could somehow hit 210 by New Years, I'd be seeing a weight that my body hadn't known since my Junior year of colllege in 1989.

I'm not sick anymore. I'm not.

It's good to feel like I'm on my way back.
3 Comments:
Blogger Staci said...
What a fabulous outlook! Nice job.

Blogger Ethel said...
What Staci said. I honestly don't know how you have kept such a positive attitude. I'm in awe.

Blogger Taz said...
It sounds like you're on your way to an even better you. Keep up the great work. :)