The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
The whoosh that is the holidays
Sorry I haven't posted in what seems like forever everybody. I guess there are some of you out there that, if you didn't know better, might have thought that I'd either fallen off the earth or died since the 19th of December when I last posted.

The fact is, since having my chest drained a second time, things have been great. I feel so much better that it's almost hard to put into words. For the first time since Halloween I have energy, am resting well, and more than anything I am ready to return to work (which I will do on the 3rd of January, 2006).

Now, as for Christmas this year. It was amazing, exhausting, exhilerating, exasperating, action-packed, fun-filled, rewarding, frustrating, and everything in between. I think that we did the best we could to make it a normal (if there is such a thing) Christmas, but the fact is that we've both been exhausted and run down and we're just looking to close the door on 2005 and ring in 2006 on a positive note.

I am walking about two miles a day now and am, as of this morning, down to 212.5 pounds. Basically, in just under 60 days, I've lost a Lauren AND a Sophia, and it feels great. I bought some new clothes for work at the after-Christmas sales and it's nice not to be shopping in the wider than they are long department anymore.

(Okay, that's a lie, but getting back to a comfortable 36 waist is a big deal for me. I don't think I've been a 34 waist since I was about 180, and that only lasted about a quarter in college, so I'm not sure that's a realistic goal).

Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of blogging soon so you all can waste more work time reading what I've written. I also hope that New Year's Eve gives me something as funny as what Christmas night gave me.

Now, prepare yourself. This is (and I swear it) one of the funniest things I've ever heard ANYONE say ever. The fact that it came out of the mouth of the person it did just makes it all the funnier. I now quote:

"One time, I sharted in the wave pool at Lake Lanier Water Park. But just a little..."

That's all for today. Keep your fingers crossed that I'll get more gems like that soon.
1 Comments:
Blogger Ethel said...
Why is it sharting and not fooping? This, I kid you not, is a conversation two of my coworkers were having about a month ago.

Also, I would like to add that my word verification word is "gezys." Which I think is an alternate spelling for Jesus. Therefore indicating that your blog is blessed. Or that I am drunk. One of the two, for sure. Praise gezys!