The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
After and before, part I
Since I recently posted photos of me looking like a dork on my new treadmill, I started thinking about what I looked like before, including my time in the hospital.

I'd like to say that there were a bunch of pictures of me before, during and after the operation, but as it turns out, no one in my family thought it was a particularly great photo op. They apparently were too busy being concerned that I might die.

Anyway, I wanted to post the few that I have so you can see how fun it was.

I've also included a couple of photos of my "scars," including an R-rated picture of what I refer to as my goiter and my wife refers to as "ewww...that's just gross." It is (or was since it's 90% gone now) the hematoma at the site where they connected me to the heart-lung machine. It's my left groin. There's no dirty stuff, but it is an adult male groinal region, so I recommend that you take the necessary precautions.

This might spill into two blog entries, but if it does, I'll just copy this intro to both of them so they'll be easily identifiable.

Enjoy everybody...




I call this one "The Chin." I look like Frank Beamer in this for heaven's sake.



I call this one "eggplant arms." I think this was the result of surgically installed arterial IV's, but either way, it stayed for a few weeks and was nasty.


Hang on to your hats, people. Here's one for the ladies that I call "For the ladies." These are the only scars on my chest from the surgery provided me by Number 5.


This one is entitled "The Chin, part II." I mean, this really looks like my chin just ate my neck. Absolutely awful.


And here's a G-rated version of the photo two up from here showing my scars. These were actually taken in late December, but they never really looked bad. The one at 3 o'clock was the worst, but it was where the big ass chest tube was, so that's understandable.

If you can stomach it, there are more photos to be found in part II of this entry...