The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Monday, January 23, 2006
For what it's worth
I don't do this much, and not nearly as much as I did right after my surgery, but sometimes I look at someone who's a) still alive and b) still walking / waddling around and I think "How on earth did I need bypass surgery at 37 (despite being 'so young and thin' according to my surgeon) and THAT guy/girl just goes thru life shoveling it in and has no worries.

I say this because I'm about to toss out a big BIG caveat:

Unless I'm watching celebrity Fit Club 3 on VH-1.

I don't wish ill on most folks (notice I said most), but I am shocked at the number of people that just say "whatever..." like I did and not worry about their body or their health. Kelly LeBrock saying that she got fat to "stop men from thinking of her as a piece of ass" is plain laughable.

Anyway, the point of this blog wasn't to review or critique the show, which my friend Ethel and I will most assuredly do at one point this season. The point is that comedy writer Bruce "center square that replaced Paul Lynde as the token gay guy on Hollywood Squares" Vilanche is not only still alive despite his being 58 years old and 5'10" and 327 pounds, but his heart was declared "fine" on last night's episode.

My question is simple:

HOW IS THAT FUCKING POSSIBLE?

I know I didn't exercise proper, but I did yard work, played basketball and football with the nephews, etc. Yet I am told I'm "lucky to be alive" while that fatass Vilanche just gets to continue on thinking "well, if my heart's fine, I must be in fine fine shape."

I'm not jealous or envious or anything. I just think these things sometimes.

I hope to have more crap later. Like how the Broncos finally got to see the tru Jake Plummer while the Panthers were trying to keep Steve Smith from killing his entire team and especially his QB while on the sidelines having a hissy fit that would make my 3.75 year old proud.

Later.
1 Comments:
Blogger Ethel said...
I kind of disagree with you on the Kelly thing. She may not have intentionally gotten fat to push men away, but I think it certainly could have contributed to her weight gain.

We should have a Fit Club blogfest a la Rockstar INXS one of these weeks.