The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Thursday, February 16, 2006
No one cares, but...
Last night's workout was a little shorter than usual. Only one hour total. But at about the 18 minute mark I started running. 5.2 mph for exactly 11 minutes, or one mile total.

That is causing me a little more soreness in the mornings in my knees, ankles and lower back, but it's not a "holy shit...I can't do THAT anymore!" pain. It's just a "dude, you're 37 years old now. Take it a little easy for a while."

Like I said, I don't know if the running will last. According to my treadmill, it really only offers about a very small increase in benefit (calorie and carb burning wise) over walking at 3.5 or so mph on a six or seven degree incline, so I'll have to keep an eye on the aches and pains and make sure it's worth it.

This morning I was 208.5 pounds, which is down 41.5 pounds from my weight before "the incident." My goal is to reach 200 by Memorial Day, but I would really like to hit 195 so that when I return from my Hilton Head vacation in the end of May, I'll still be under or at 200.

Either way, I feel great and am feeling better every day. I eat better even on bad days than I ever did before, and I am constantly finding ways to eat better and enjoy it as well.

That said, last night was country fried steak and white gravy with rice and garlic green beans. The key for me is very little rice and gravy, a moderate amount of the meat and eating my green beans. We've decided that since Lauren eats green beans, we will probably eat them more often than not. I eat so few veggies that finding ones we all like will require eating them constantly.

So there you have it. The Thursday TMLSB healthwatch update.

Come back over the next few days to read about this weekend's action at Daytona for the trucks, the Busch cars AND the Cup cars.

Just a note: The qualifying races start at 2pm today, but the race of the weekend should be the Craftsman Truck Series race tomorrow night. Check for your local times and stations.

Oh, and I'll probably post a recipe for some brats or ribs or some other good and snacky race day food.

Aloha everybody.

p.s. Last night urchin 2.0 slept from 11:30pm until 5am. She's using level two Doctor Brown's nipples and getting six ounces per feeding, although she eats between three and five ounces per sitting.

Urchin 1.0 has not gotten up at all for two nights in a row, which kicks total ass.

One more thing, in going thru some photos, I found a bunch that I am going to post today, but I can only do them five per post thanks to Blogger. That's fine, but I'm just telling you so you don't expect a lot of my usual blather with them. It's just for fun and to remind ourselves that the 'new one' hasn't always been the center of attention, but that someone else had that title for quite a while.

TMLSB