The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Monday, February 20, 2006
Today feels like an Earl Hickey day
Today is already sucking, but let me go back and preface with some details.

I have been having iPod troubles recently. Troubles as in every time I plug it in to my pc, it reloads all 60GB (over 11,000 songs). Every time. And since that generally takes about four hours, that's pretty annoying.

So Saturday I decided to format the iPod, uninstall iTunes, reinstall iTunes and reload the iPod.

Except that after I deleted the music from my library, I said "yes" when asked if I wanted to put it all in the recycle bin. So the music's gone.

No problem though. We've got the 110GB of music on an external drive hanging off of a server at work, so all I have to do is bring my external drive to work, copy the music to it and VOILA!

So this morning, I disconnected my external drive and put it in a bag along with a tape that I'm supposed to ship to a friend of the Bud Shootout. I put that bag in front of the bathroom door so I wouldn't forget it as I was heading out to go downstairs to leave for work. I took the bag, went to the kitchen, set it on the table, got the rest of my stuff, and left the damned bag in the kitchen.

I also owe my company a reimbursement on the short term disability payments I received since the company never stopped paying me (that's how it works). I tried to call our carrier for the total, but they were closed until today at 8am. However, I forgot to bring a blank check so I can't pay them today anyway.

I left my laptop in standby mode instead of turning it off yesterday, so when I took it out of the bag at work today, it wouldn't work. It had to be charged a little first.

And Felony Motorsports and Jimmie Johnson won the freaking Daytona 500.

I can't have this kind of stuff hanging over my head on a Monday. I think I'm gonna run home around 10am (after urchin 1.0 is already at school) and get all of that stuff. Doing that and finishing all of those things would probably turn this from a "shit it's Monday" day into a "Hell yes!! It's Monday!!" kind of a day.
2 Comments:
Blogger NineCats said...
Gee Todd, too bad you didn't have a holiday today like me... ;)

Blogger Staci said...
What? You don't like Hendricks Motorsports?

Nice display of drunkeness, btw! :thumb:

I swear if it weren't for hangovers from hell, I'd be drunk everyday. So maybe hangovers from hell are a good thing?

Have a great week!