The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Friday, March 17, 2006
Big news on the reality TV front for summer / fall
This from one of my new favorite websites, TVSquad.com:

Rock Star, which debuted last year as a reality show in which INXS auditioned several hopefuls for the chance to become the band's new lead singer, is coming back for a second season, but things will be a little different. The show will still be about people auditioning to sing in a band, but this time it's an entirely new band composed of Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee, Metallica bassist Jason Newsted, and guitarist Gilby Clarke of Guns N Roses. The band calls itself "Supernova." Both Brooke Burke and Dave Navarro will return as hosts. Slash, Macy Gray and Rob Zombie will also make appearances as guest judges.


Holy freaking crap!! And to think, no Rock Star: Van Halen as was rumored before in the news.

The beauty of this is that instead of having some has been band that hasn't produced a meaningful note of music in over 10 years (like the previous namesakes of RockStar: INXS). Instead, they have no library of music at all. At least none that we know of anyway.

I can't speak about Gilby Clark (even though he was a member of my 2nd favorite band ever, Guns N' Roses). He was never the mouthpiece for that band, but he was a serviceable guitarist.

Jason Newsted is one of my favorite rock personalities and has had a great career starting with Flotsam and Jetsam and then spending a bunch of time with Metallica before quitting and joining Ozzy for a while.

Tommy Lee will hit the drums and we all know his story. I found his show on NBC compelling and entertaining, believe it or not, and I suspect that he'll be entertaining as hell.

Factor in that Dave Navaroo will return with his hippy goofball vibe and comments and the smoking hot Brooke Burke, and I think it's gonna be a great thing to watch during re-run season in the summertime.

Stay tuned for updates...

I can't freaking wait for this show,
1 Comments:
Blogger Ethel said...
This saddens me. I think part of what I loved so much about Rockstar:INXS was the fact that the whole concept was just nuts. Let's replace our dead lead singer. Who does that on a reality show?

I was just really, really looking forward to Rockstar:The Carpenters. Think of how moving it would have been to see tears welling up in Dave Navarro's eyes as some buff formerly homeless dude cranked out "We've Only Just Begun."

That, my friend, would have kicked ass.