The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Thursday, March 23, 2006
I just saw the damndest thing
I'm watching the Thrashers game while working out, and they were down 1-0 then 2-0 then 2-1. Then it was 3-1 Devils and then 4-1 Devils in the 3rd period.

Game over, right?

In a word: Hell no.

The two teams brawled big time four minutes into the period after the Devils scored their fourth goal, and then it was on.

The Thrashers were down three goals with 15 minutes to play. Bobby Holik scored 5:55 into the 3rd to make it 4-2, then Kovalchuk scored nine minutes in to make it 4-3 Devils.

Kozlov scored for the Thrashers with 3:07 to go to tie the game at 4-4.

One minute and six seconds later, Patrick Stefan scored for the Thrashers to give them the lead at 5-4.

Unfortunately, Gionta scored for the Devils with just over a minute to go to tie the game and send it into overtime.

But then, just 1:03 into overtime, Peter Bondra scored to give the Thrashers the win!!

I swear to God, I had switched to the Duke-LSU game, but Duke was playing like shit and no one save their moms knows two LSU players, so I switched the hockey game back on and fired up the iPod.

Who knew a simple workout and a hockey game on tv on a Thursday night would make for such a great evening?

What's the Atlanta hockey version of War Eagle anyway??
2 Comments:
Blogger Ethel said...
You know, I read this whole entry, but I don't think I read a word of it. I guess I like the cute kids and stupid TMLSB entries more than the serious journalism. ;)

Blogger Nuggie99 said...
War Penguin?