The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Friday, March 31, 2006
Just a brief update
Due to circumstances mostly out of my control, I have not worked out this week.

I feel bad about it, and I think my body's actually getting mad at me, but that's okay. I did more in March than I did in February, which was more than I did in January, which was more than I'd done since Clinton was elected the first time. I will take the treadmill by the horns again this afternoon and make it my bitch.

Oh, the reason I posted this altogether was to say this. I have basically lost no weight since January. I float between 206.5 and 208.5 every day. But the true test is this.

Before my surgery, I was wearing a 38 waist in everything: slacks, jeans, shorts, etc.

Fast forward to yesterday, and the wife bought me four pairs of 35 inch waisted shorts from Old Navy (Thanks Old Navy) and they fit.

I have lost three inches from my waist in five months. It is conceivable that I could be in a 34 waist by the end of the year. I haven't worn a 34 waist in Levis since mullets were cool.

Yay me.

p.s. Despite what you say or think Megan, mullets WERE cool. So there.
3 Comments:
Blogger Ethel said...
Mullets were never cool. That's just what people with mullets in their past say to try to deal with the pain.

Blogger NineCats said...
umm, what's a mullet?

Must have been an 80's thing, right?

Blogger Staci said...
My 20 year old sister, who cuts hair, did her first mullet the other day. She sounded like she was going to vomit. She kept pronouncing it 'mole-it'. The guy had a long hair 'mole-it' and she talked him into letting her at least braid the long part. It was funny to hear her tell the story though. She was just devastated by the thought that anyone would wear their hair that way.

Ethel's right, BTW. :-)