The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Friday, March 31, 2006
A morning funny
Let me preface this by saying that I really don't fit into any neat little political category. It seems that I can find a way to irritate almost anyone I know by having a political conversation with them.

Here's what I believe:

I believe in smaller government. I believe in the FairTax plan. I believe that the Federal Government has WAY too much power, and they wield it in areas that don't matter much while ignoring areas that do (like securing our borders). I don't believe in a person's ability to wallow endlessly on government assitance while shooting out kids one after the other and not contributing to our society, but only taking. I believe in the 2nd ammendment, but I believe in waiting periods, thorough background checks and HEAVY penalties for firearm law violators. I believe in free speech, even if you're disagreeing with the folks in charge. I believe in privacy rights. I don't believe in eminent domain the way it's being used in our country today. I don't believe in unions. I do believe in socialized medicine.

The bottom line is that I believe that I'm closer to a Libertarian than anything else. I'm fiscally conservative and socially moderate. I believe in a woman's right to choose but I believe that is a state and not a federal decision.

Anyway, I read boortz.com every day. I don't agree with everything, but I agree with more than I do from about anyone else, especially zealouts and extremists like Limbaugh and Hannity and their ilk.

The reason I tell you this is to throw a quote from Boortz.com this morning that made me laugh out loud. Here ya go:

"OK ... so we want to be politically correct, do we? We want to call illegal aliens "undocumented workers?" A listner suggests that we call welfare recipients "documented non-workers." Sounds good to me. Maybe I'll use that instead of "parasites" some time."

It's good to be right and it's good to be funny. But being right AND funny kicks ass.