The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Thursday, March 30, 2006
The return of the Ninja
Not the stupid-ass roadside advertising ninja mentioned here, but the ninja that is my almost four-year-old daughter.

Last night set a new high, or low, depending upon how you look at it.

We finally got urchin 2.0 to be asleep by around 9:15pm. This was after a good hour and change at the playground / tennis courts / sand volleyball area in the neighborhood commons. 2.0 got held by plenty of interested parties and 1.0 got uninterrupted, outdoor play and funtime. Who could ask for more in the way of wearing children out on a Wednesday night?

Apparently, we could.

Our first ninja visit came a little after 2:30am while I was feeding Sophia. I must mention that this was after the two "get up and out of bed right after we go to bed to complain about hunger/thirst/the door to her room not being ajar enough" efforts, because those just happen every night.

Anywho, we advised Ninja Lauren to go back to bed.

That lasted until 3:00am, and I got yet another wake up visit.

Back to bed she went until 3:30am, when she was again concerned about how much her door was open.

Then, for the third time in seven days, she came bolting in the second after my alarm went off for work.

"WHAT WAS THAT DADDY?!?!?!? WHAT WAS THAT SOUND?!?!!?"

Baby, it's still the alarm. the same one that has gone off five days a week at 5:18am since we moved here over two years ago. Now, for the last time, GO BACK TO BED!!!

She did, complained about the door aperture some more, and then I caught a shower and left for work.

I'll tell you this, she's not getting Sprite with her Zaxby's at 7pm ever ever again. As a matter of fact, this child may have lost her "soft drink of any kind after noon" priveledges until college.

I only hope the wife has a better day today, especially between Betty grunts and moans and her older sidekick, the perpetually "I'm bored/hungry/thirsty" girl.

God, am I glad I'm at work....