The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Monday, March 27, 2006
The ultimate Ninja sneak attack
As is usually the case, urchin 1.0 made a ninja visit last night. It was around 11:40pm or so. I had been asleep since around 10:15pm and it felt like I'd been asleep for hours.

Anyway, using her craftiness and cuteness, she started doing the "I had a bad dweam. About fire bweaving dwagons" thing, all the while she's climbing up and making herself comfortable in my bed.

I discouraged this and, after consenting to a drink of water (a stalling measure to be sure), we headed back to her room.

On the way into her room, however, she took a nasty shot to the temple from the doorknob. That led to some sobbing, but I controlled that and kept it from becoming a full-blown outburst by employing the old "You gotta cowboy up" approach.

Anyway, this morning my alarm went off at the usual time. However, before I could even get out of bed and to the bathroom for a shower, there was the ninja again.

And she was bottomless.

See, Lauren is to the point now where she doesn't want to wear the pullups at night anymore. But she won't get up and go to bathroom every time, so I'm not going to get her out of the pullups until (as my wife laid down the law) we have three dry pullup nights in a row.

However, the urchin circumvents this bathroom requirement by simply waking up after the pullup is wet and changing into a new dry one.

Expensive and annoying is what THAT is.

Anyway, it's not uncommon for her morning wakeup ritual to inclue wandering into our room sans pj pants and pullup and climbing into bed (and sitting on my pillow if I'm not there).

But today she's in at 5:19am, pantless and pullup-less, and when I go to put her back to bed, she's peed the bed, hidden her pj bottoms in the bed and covered the pee.

So I had to get her dressed, take her to our bed, and exlain to the wife what happened. I also had to explain to Lauren that peeing her bed was not going to be an excuse to sleep in our bed. I just didn't have time to launder sheets or remake the bed before I left.

Stay tuned. I believe that the battle "TMLSB and wife vs. the pea-sized bladder" is far from over and may have many MANY twists and turns before the story comes to an end.

Selah....
3 Comments:
Blogger John Burkholder said...
Good post.

I am at the exact same point with my youngest. It should be interesting to see how your battle pans out.

Blogger Ethel said...
Here's what you do:
You pay roadside Ninja to pay her a visit in the middle of the night. That will teach her a Ninja lesson.

Of course, you'll have to fork out some cash for the therapy and all, but still...
;)

Blogger TMLSB said...
n8ivwarrior, fingers crossed on that for sure. Naked ninjas make a good night's sleep impossible.

But imagine if the roadside ninja snuck into my room at night? That'd REALLY scare the crap out of me.

And ethel, your suggestion kills me. great call.