The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Ahhhh, the things you'll watch
when you're feeding a baby at 3:30 in the morning.

Last fall we were having drinks with some friends at the BIL's house, and the woman casually mentioned that her sister was going to be on "some reality show."

I cringed. I have been waiting for the day that I knew someone or that an acquaintance of someone that I knew ended up on some horrific and idiotic reality television show.

So we asked a few questions, and eventually found out that it was a show called "Starting Over."

Thank God, I said later as I looked at the schedule. It's on at 3:00pm or 3:30 in the morning. I'll NEVER have to watch one minute of that show.

And then we had Sophia.

See, when we feed her, we turn the tv on just for some subtle and ambient lighting, but while it's on I'll flip and even watch SportsCenter or something else while she eats.

That's how we found "something else."

I couldn't believe these needy women and their "empower us" theme was a TV show idea that anyone bought, especially at 3:30am.

I was wrong.

After seeing a few episodess, it's not polished but it's great TV, if that makes any sense. They picked folks from all walks of life and you see them more or less coached thru their issues by what appear to be competent therapists and other profiessionals.

And it's season THREE for God's sake. Who knew this? How did this slip by me twice before?

Does this make me less of a man? Of COURSE it does. But I've never been afraid to show my girlie side anyway.

Thanks for listening.
4 Comments:
Blogger Ethel said...
That show just disturbs me. I saw a few episodes of the first season, and the women seemed so freakin' whiny and unwilling to help themselves.

I'm going to start a show. It's going to be called "Starting the Fuck Over" and when the whiny women come into the house, I'm gonna hit 'em over the head with a large object.

:thumb:

Blogger Dana said...
I know what you mean about watching stuff when up feeding a baby. With my son, I knew every single info-mercial by heart, and saw every single episode of "Cop Rock". :)

My step children (and hub's ex wife) were on a reality TV show....eventually someone you know WILL be on one.

Blogger Taz said...
I remember watching "Maniac Cop 2" one night when Lil Taz was a baby. It's amazing what you'll watch when there's nothing else on.

Blogger Blurmaster General said...
I want to start over by huffing silver paint.