The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
A chat with the wife
I recently installed Yahoo Instant Messenger at work (and at home) and I actually have grown to like it quite a bit. It's easier than the phone. I can ignore it when I want to, and I can re-read things I plan to say before I "say" them, helping me avoid certain pitfalls in the marital lines of communication.

Today the wife decided that she needed a nickname in my blog. I sent her a blog yesterday and she noticed that the wife had a nickname thingy for her husband, and now she wants one. Here's how the chat went:


wife: you there?
wife: ding
wife: ding
me: yup.
me: wassup.
wife: did you know Megan replied to your post about CEC?
wife: nice blogging today by the way
me: yep. it took me a while to figure it out too. I mean, i knew it was her, but I didn't get cec until like yesterday.
wife: ha ha
me: is it rude to not reply to those comments? Should I reply? Ethel talks about that, and I just don't know...
wife: I think you should - but that's just me
wife: blog about it and see what your readers want
me: i always forget. that's a good point. I don't want to be rude, and I almost feel like a direct email would be easier, but maybe that's not right.
me: I'll do that now.
wife: glad I can be your idea man today
wife: lol
wife: And why don't I have a cool internet name?
wife: you should be referring to me as some sort of name
BUZZ!!!
wife: I'm talking to you!
me: what?
me: i have the sound off.
wife: Puff - read above and answer
me: i call you "the wife" and "my little vaginal slit." Isn't that enough?
me: what would you like me to call you?
BUZZ!!!
me: hello?
wife: OMG
wife: I just got a wrong number call from....
wife: get this.....
wife: QUEEN ELIZABETH
wife: seriously
me: then I hope you were nice.
wife: the caller ID says Queen Elizabeth
me: could have been the ship.
wife: and it was some redneck dude
me: let's call him back.
wife: ok
wife: xxx-945-xxxx
me: anyway, what would you like to be called?
wife: i dunno, that's your job
wife: I just want a name
me: would you prefer an acronym or a pet name?
wife: dammit
me: what's my name.
wife: backer
wife: tmlsb
wife: Ethel has Ethel
me: shut up. i gave all of those to myself. If you want one, you have to help me with one.
me: Oh, I gave her ethel by the way.
wife: that chick yesterday had one for her husband
me: I really like vaginal slit.
wife: um - NO
me: Or I could call you GBD.
wife: that'll work
me: really? That's awesome.
wife: ok
me: guess what? I'm going to copy and paste this entire chat into my blog.
me: minus your name of course.
me: and Ethel's
me: right. and hers.
me: anything else you'd like to add?
wife: I am pleased
me: that's probably the first time you've ever said those words to me. LOL
wife: and that should earn me some additional GBD's so back off would ya?
me: 10-4. I'll be back soon, GBD. xoxoxo
me: me
wife: 2.0 is pissed again. BBL xoxoxo
me: sorry about that. Can you force something into her to make that stop before I get home? Also, while at wally world, I must return a webcam for refund. Thought you should know...


(for the record, those of you that didn't get the reference to GBD or vaginal slit should check here). It's a long read, but well worth it.
8 Comments:
Blogger Ethel said...
If the dude and I are Fred & Ethel, she could be Lucy. Although, you are certainly no Ricky. Unless we're talking like a Ricky Martin Ricky. 'Cuz you probably like to shake your bon bon and all.

Blogger NineCats said...
To vary Ethel's idea a little, you guys could be June & Ward...

Blogger NineCats said...
or maybe Ozzie & Harriet?

Blogger TMLSB said...
Oh I like to shake my bon bon, that's fer sher.

niner, that's a great idea. Plus, I could always be a little hard on the beaver.

Not O&H though. Way too uptight, those two were.

Blogger Ethel said...
Yeah, but then Gunnar would be your grandkid.

Blogger Taz said...
How about Archie and Edith?

Blogger Lauren said...
Holy crap--that contract is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life. I had to send it to everyone I know, just because it's that weird.

Blogger Staci said...
Ross and Rachel?