The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Friday, April 28, 2006
The secret to 1.0's blissful and uninterrupted sleep is...
Last night was no workout night. I got tired of fighting dinner and the need to watch "Survivor" on Thursdays, so now Thursday is my off-day.

We decided to get Mexican food for dinner last night and headed (with our across the street neighbors) the the dive-like Mexican place next to the Waffle House in the Goodwill store's parking lot. THAT should tell you something.

And it was awesome, as usual. Great salsa and cheese dip, fresh chips, a fantastic number eleven plus my wife's leftover nachos. As UnkTodd said "we're eating like we're on death row."

But as we sat I watched, simply astounded, at the amount of chips and cheese dip my daughter was consuming. One after the other after the other, she reminded me of one of those pacific northwestern tree shredders. I asked / told the wife that I thought 1.0 was eating too much crap and should save some room for dinner...shouldn't she??

The time came to order her dinner and we went thru the usual conversation about what to get for her. 1.0 usually gets a taco or a cheese quesadilla. Tonight though, the wife says "How about cheese nachos?"

I replied "But babe...that's all she's had since she got here: a bushel of cheese dip and nachos."

The wife countered with "But she's eating, isn't she? Who cares? If she doesn't eat it (unlikely), we'll order her something else."

I replied "Well, I guess it's okay. I mean, cheese nachos is just a quesadilla in a fried rather than pan cooked tortilla and cut up with cheese to dip it in rather than having the cheese on the inside. We're really arguing semantics...aren't we?"

And so the urchin had the meal of her dreams: An appetizer of chips and cheese dip, a dinner of cheese nachos and coke, and getting to sit next to Nick and across from Jack.

Both urchins were down by 8pm and 1.0 didn't make any ninja appearances throughout the night. 2.0 slept until 5:15am, took a bottle and went to sleep in our bed right where I had been. The wife thought she felt cold. I just thought she looked cute.

More to come today as I hope that work will stop interfering with my inherent need to screw off, especially on a Friday.

Shalom everybody!!