The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
This will serve as both a lesson AND to amuse
I received this from my friend Ethel yesterday, and it made me laugh. In light of this morning's entry about spam and (to a lesser extend) email courtesy, I give you:

Fitness For Seniors (submitted exactly as it was received)



> > Subject: fitness for seniors
> >
> > I came across this exercise suggested for seniors, to build muscle
> > strength
> > in the arms and shoulders. It seems so easy, so I thought I'd pass it
> > on.
> > The article suggested doing it three days a week.
> >
> > Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of
> > room at
> > each side. With a 5-lb. potato sack in each hand, extend your arms
> > straight
> > out from your sides, and hold them there as long as you can. Try to
> > reach a
> > full minute, then relax. Each day, you'll find that you can hold this
> > position for just a bit longer.
> > After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb. potato sacks. Then 50-lb.
> > potato
> > sacks, and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb.
> > potato
> > sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full
> > minute.
> > Once you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the
> > sacks.
>

Funny huh? I thought so. Now just imagine how funny it would be if it had been sent to me like this:


Subject: fitness for seniors

I came across this exercise suggested for seniors, to build muscle strength
in the arms and shoulders. It seems so easy, so I thought I'd pass it on.

The article suggested doing it three days a week. Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 5-lb. potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides, and hold them there as long as you can. Try to
reach a full minute, then relax. Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb. potato sacks. Then 50-lb. potato sacks, and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb. potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

Once you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.
6 Comments:
Blogger Ethel said...
HEY! I forwarded it to you that way on purpose, to demonstrate the crap that I wade through every day. Which provided you bloggage fodder, I might add. :P

Blogger NineCats said...
Ethel, one thing he does not need is bloggage fodder. He seems pretty good at this blog thing. Still, he's not as good as you!

Now, if you want to send fodder my way, I can use all the help I can get ;-)

Blogger TMLSB said...
I know. This post had more layers than a good Tiramisu.

:thumb:

and as for you ninecats, I wouldn't rush to say she's better than me. Just different. (Now my feelings are all hurt).

Blogger Ethel said...
I just don't want to be referred to as a bad forwarding person. Watch it, or I'll send you all the crap I get. All of it. :P

Blogger NineCats said...
TMLSB said,
"and as for you ninecats, I wouldn't rush to say she's better than me. Just different. (Now my feelings are all hurt)."

I'm sorry. To make it up to ya, can I get 2 bags of your fine charcoal?

Blogger Taz said...
LOL You guys play nice