The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
The completion of day 3
So the trip to the Tanger Outlet Center was a HUGE success.

You know, it's funny. We live 40 miles from a Tanger Outlet thingy at home, and I've never once been there.

Scratch that. I've been there once. On the way to Martinsville one year we stopped at the Levi's store to get some pants. But other than that, I've never been there or looked around at all.

Down here, the Tanger is so big that they bought a second outlet center, so there are stores a-freakin-hoy.

We hit the Nike store where we got a Junior colored water bottle for ODO, about four of those dri-fit hats for GBD, and I got four or five t-shirts that were between five and eight dollars. I'll tell ya what. I don't care how many t-shirts I have. If I find some for eight bucks or less, I'm buying them. Period.

Next it was off to the Gap store where the wife bought a dress and about four tops. I got two more t-shirts (two for one at $15.99) and a sweet button down shirt for $14.

Then it was off to the shoe place (Clarke's) where I got some thongs. Not underpants, you sickos. Thongs for my feet. It's my first pair ever and I really like them. I'm now sorry I haven't tried thongs sooner.

Next stop: Golf outlet for cheap balls and a glove for me and CampCashion to go golfing this week. (edit to add: CampCashion and I decided to pass on the golf outing since what we really wanted to do was hang out with each other's entire broods, so we're doing that on Tuesday).

Then we hit the sunglass place since I wanted to replace my shitty Native sunglasses, The glasses themselves are okay, but the plastic nose grip thingies are falling off everywhere and I've been very fortunate not to lose them already.

So I walk in and the sunglasses "professional" (to whom I will refer from here on out as Swishy McMantitties) asks how he can help me.

I put my soon-to-be old shades on the counter and say "These are what I have now. What I would like is a one color not pastel molded frame with no rubber nose pieces that have polarized lenses."

He replied "Well, if you find anything that you'd like to thee, let me know. 'Kay?"

Grrrrr....

So we left, packed up and hit the other Tanger Center which was home to the Sunglass Hut store. I walked in and the guy said "Welcome to Sunglass Hut. What can I help you find today?"

I said "Well, I just went to that other shitty sunglass store and they offered me zero help. These are what I have now. What I would like is a one color not pastel molded frame with no rubber nose pieces that have polarized lenses."

He said "No problem," then proceeded to the wall and pulled two pair off the wall that fit my specifications. He then gave me the features of both pair but said that the one pair (the more expensive one, mind you) didn't quite seem right, and we settled on a pair of Bolles that were only $84 bucks.

I flipped off Swishy McMantitty's store as we drove by on the way back to the condo.

We then went to dinner at The BoatHouse with CampCashion and had a great time. I love a place with some live (albeit horrific) music, a deck, casual dress code and great seafood.

By the way, I forgot to share this one earlier in the week. Before we came down here, Lauren asked if we were staying in a hotel and GBD said "No honey. We're staying in a condo."

Lauren then asked "Will we get to hit it?"

Silence from GBD.

One Dot Oh replied again "Will we get to hit it?"

GBD was stumped. After ODO asked about ten more times, she added "Like I saw on TV."

Then the urchin gave the key. She said she was "looking forward to staying in a Tae Kwon Do like she saw on TV at Dominic's house."

So in summary. She thinks we're staying in a Tae Kwon Do.

Today's agenda includes:

A trip to Harris Teeter
A trip to the beach at Sea Pines
Home for lunch and a nap for the kids (hopefully)
Back to Harbortown for a little playground time and cold beers with CampCashion.

More to follow as events warrant.
3 Comments:
Blogger Taz said...
Ack!!!!! You mentioned balls, thongs and mantitties all in the same bloggage. :oO

Blogger TMLSB said...
I know. I fucking rule!!

Blogger Ethel said...
You should try the other thongs. They are more comfy than you might expect.

"Will we get to hit it?"

:D Hilarious stuff! Urchins kick ass!