The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
curious: the update, such that it is
I'm sorry to have kept everyone waiting, but when I got home from the doctor and getting an unrelated prescription filled, I had only a little time to spend with the wife and girls, change clothes, have my afternoon constitutional, help my nephew put together one of those pocket racer doo-hickeys, then pick my other nephew up from football, then eat dinner, then get the elder nephew to help me get a couple hundred pounds of charcoal in the car and get 20 pounds of pulled pork vacuum sealed and frozen.

But when all that was done, the first thing I did was sit down here to update you, my readers.

Well, it's official. I went to the doctor and after finding out that I weighed 204.5, my pulse rate was 65 and my blood pressure was 120 over 80, we discussed my issue and the doctor looked at my leg from several angles. He even touched it twice.

Gingerly.

Anyway, I told you I'd let you know by the face I made. Well, here's the face:



Well, if blogger was fucking working worth one warm shit today, you'd see a picture of me making the indifferent face, because the doctor said it's one of three things:

a tumor (extremely extremely unlikely)
a blood clot
a some kind of cyst (I think he said Baker cyst, but I could be hallucinating that).

All together now, people:

COME ON, BAKER'S CYST!!!

Anyway, to see what the deal is for sure, he scheduled me for an MRI and an ultrasound on Thursday at 1pm.

Upside? I can't work out today or tomorrow and I'm supposed to "take it easy."

Well, I don't want to "take it easy" for two days without knowing, so I'm calling my cardiologist in the morning to see if he can rush me an ultrasound / MRI thingy right next door to his office.

So there you have it. I'm in full on wait and see mode. Wait and see with me...won't you?
3 Comments:
Blogger NineCats said...
Continued prayers that it turns out to be nothing.

Blogger Ethel said...
Dammit! I really don't want to have to be nice to you again.

Seriously, you know I'll be sending lots of prayers and good vibes your way.

Blogger Taz said...
Prayers and positive thoughts being sent your way...C'moooooooonn Baker's Cyst.
You're right Racemom, that sounds way weird, but what the heck.