The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Day 5: The day my new healthy lifestyle nearly choked
Yesterday was supposed to be a relatively quiet day. It really wasn't.

We hit the pool around 10am like usual, and hung out for a couple of hours until it was time for 2Doh's nap.

Backing up a bit, I realized in the morning that I couldn't find my ring. The wife got me a family crest ring years ago that means a lot to me. On Monday it nearly fell off in the ocean, so I decided to take it off and put it "someplace safe." Our room has a safe in it, and that would have been the logical place, but alas, I'm a fucktard and chose a spot on an end table behind a book. Go figure.

Anyway, yesterday morning I couldn't find the ring. And it started to eat at me. A lot. We looked pretty thoroughly and it got to the point that I was calling the places we went on Tuesday even though I knew I hadn't worn it that afternoon.

At around 11am or so, the wife finally suggested we return and do a hard-target search for said item. I thought that sounded like a good idea.

We proceeded to toss the room like DEA agents, however we were having no luck. Just when we were about to give up and I was about to have a fit, the wife opened the Talking Dora House in the den and heard a "CLANG!" sound. It was my ring. Now tell me how it got in the Dora house.

Regardless of how, a certain disaster was averted. Not that it can't be replaced, but the disaster would have been my ruining the rest of the vacation fuming about it.

GBD headed back to the pool for a while with everyone while I stayed with the napping 2Doh. Everyone came back around 2:30pm and we started planning our afternoon, which was to include a trip to the mall for a white buttondown shirt for professional photos to be taken yesterday evening, dinner somewhere and finally said photo session.

We got behind and had to rush, but got some fine shirts at the Mall and then headed for dinner at a place called Steamers over in Coligny Square. I was looking for casual atmosphere and big portions and seafood. I got all three there.

I ordered the garlic butter mussels for an appetizer. I shared three.

Then I proceeded to order a meal that included:

a dozen mussels
a dozen steamed oysters
a dozen steamed clams
a dozen shrimp
a dozen crawfish
blackened lobster tail
about a cup of melted butter
and steel bucket for my carcass trash.

I had never eaten clams or steamed oysters, but I did then. they rocked. I skipped the crawfish. Everything else was devoured.

Yummmmmy.

Then it was home to change and get the girls dressed and rush to Barony in Port Royal for the pictures. We won't see them all until we view the contact sheet today, but the ones I saw were great. Not of us, but the girls did amazingly well and looked just great in their little linen dresses. I can't wait to get some ordered.

Then it was home to watch the series finale of LOST.

Which reminds me, don't start watching a season finale with two people who haven't watched an episode of the show. The two hours was filled with "Who's that?" and "What did he just do?" and "Where did they get that from?" and other such questions.

Oh, and it finished with "They better not leave me hanging like this!!"

Um, Bill...it's a season finale. You're gonna get left hanging on those. LOL

Today, Nana and Mr. Bill have to go home and it's too bad. They've been great and ridiculously helpful and it's been a wonderful vacation with them. I look forward to doing this again next year and every year after that.

Next stop: a trip to the top of the lighthouse, the pool, the beach, some crafty thing for 1Doh and then whatever the afternoon brings us.

Hopefully there'll be many more photos today.

Stay tuned...
2 Comments:
Blogger Taz said...
"It was my ring. Now tell me how it got in the Dora house."

I'm positive 1Doh has no idea. Glad you found your ring and are having a great time.

Blogger Ethel said...
Sounds like a good time is being had by all. :thumb: