The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Well, today's a big day
But it could be big for one of several reasons. It's the second day in a row that 2Doh slept thru the night, although the last 2 hours before her blessed slumber weren't very pleasant. Me thinks the carrots and mac and cheese didn't agree with her.

Another reason it could be big is that it COULD be the day that my new camera arrives. That day will be cause for great joy.

Yet another reason it could be a big day is that this very well could be "The End Of Days." With it being 6-6-06 and all, satanists, moviemakers and fire and brimstone evangelists will be screaming all day that this is THE day. Get your tinfoil hats out everybody, cuz WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

Well if it is, I wanted to send you off with an amusing story.

Sunday, someone I know (who shall remain nameless) walked into our local Best Buy to return his iPod FM modulator / charger because it didn't work to his satisfaction.

Nevermind that he bought it right after Christmas. Never mind that he had no receipt. He simply could not grasp why the assistant manager trainee wouldn't take back a six month old piece of "defective" equipment.

So this person, who shall still remain nameless, puts the FM modulator / charger on the counter, punches it, smashing it into pieces, and then says "Then you can stick THAT thing right up your ass!"

Man, I love temper tantrums by folks that lecture me about my road rage.

Another similar story was conveyed to us by my BIL's SIL. Apparently one of my BIL and his brother's friends (he's our friend too, but we met him thru my BIL years and years ago) had a similar experience at the Alpharetta Best Buy.

It seems that Scott was attempting to return a faulty television and the guy at the counter said "Well, we can send it to the factory for repair and you can get it back in a couple of months."

Scott replied "Ummm no. You can give me a new television and do whatever you want with this one that doesn't work."

Best Buy guy said no can do.

Scott went out to the car (two sons in tow), got the television, walked back into the lobby of the store, raised the television over his head and smashed it on the lobby floor and walked out of the store and went home.

I'm assuming he went home AFTER he stopped and bought another television from some other retailer.

Since the two tantrum havers used to be roommates, I'm starting to wonder if there wasn't some lead paint in the house they all used to share.

Have a great last day on planet earth everybody!! I'd say get drunk at lunch too, because I'd hate to waste the last day of man's existence on earth worried about what my stupid boss thought or caring what some stupid company policy had to say.

Shalom!!
1 Comments:
Blogger NineCats said...
"Get your tinfoil hats out everybody, cuz WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!"

Louie, is that you pretending to be TMLSB? ;-)