The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Friday, June 30, 2006
What did that say?
Yesterday I was driving back to work from a delivery and I glanced to my right off of Peachtree Industrial Boulevard, and I saw an all-red billboard that had three words in white typeface in the top left-hand corner. The billboard said:

My Boogers Itch.


That's it. My Boogers Itch. I snickered and then snickered some more and wondered aloud "Who the fuck is responsible for THAT? I mean, what is that advertising exactly?"

So I got back to work and called MadSapper to tell him about it and wondered aloud what it could be for?

He said "Well, Google says....." which brought the following thought to me:

"God dammit. I, an IT professional, just called a Project Manager to have him Google something for him like I'm one of those 'I'm not a computer person' people."

Anyway, Google said it was part of a series of billboards that are promoting some new Cartoon Network shows.

The accompanying billboards say "I Pooted," "I'm a Hot toe picker," and "Clowns Hate Tangelos."

I don't even really watch The Cartoon Network, but I may now. That's the kind of marketing campaign I can get behind.

5 Comments:
Great Blog! Easy to read. Well written. Great colors!

Blogger Ben said...
Cartoon network has some great, great shows. Be sure to check them out during Adult Swim, which starts at about 11pm. They used to kick off with Futurama and Family Guy (both of which they are solely responsible for bringing back to network television) and follow it up with Aqua Teen Hungar Force. All hilarious. Good looking family, by the way. And I understand if you can't catch adult swim. I don't think I've seen it since Marriage and Children (which is sometimes not unlike Married with Children).

Thanks for visiting my blog--I'm really glad you enjoyed it. Believe it or not, I put a lot of work into it (it still sucks because I've only been blogging for a couple months...good things to come once I figure out HTML).

Blogger Nuggie99 said...
Cartoon Network brought us the recently departed Justice League Unlimited. As a comic book nerd, it was the pinnacle of what action cartoons should be.

As for Adult Swim, the show "The Boondocks" keeps me laughing.

Blogger Taz said...
Very funny billboard campaign. That could sure put a grin on your face on a bad day. :o)

Blogger Lauren said...
Haha! My friend, Brittany, and I were just talking about those stupid signs this weekend. I have one in my area that says "Shiny Shiny Pretty Pretty," and she said that her area has the "I pooted" one.