The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Friday, June 30, 2006
Where have you been all my life?
This morning I was doing my usual have a cup of coffee and rolling thru a few BlogExplosion and BlogMad sites. I frequently see the same stuff so I just roll on until I happened across THIS blog.

Something about his writing style amused me, so I dug a little deeper and was quite entertained. He also mentioned something called a "Garbage Plate." That reference included this picture:


Now at first, when seeing this, I was fairly certain that someone had vomited on a plate and I was horrified. Luckily, he also included a link to the description of "Garbage Plate" at Wikipedia.

It states:

Nick Tahou Hots is a Rochester, New York landmark restaurant famous for its Garbage Plate. The restaurant was founded by its namesake, Nick Tahou, who died in 1997 after running the establishment for over 50 years. Despite the many regional variants all based on the same theme (such as Penfield and Fairport Hots), Nick's is widely regarded as the original Garbage Plate.

A Garbage Plate is a disorganized combination of two selections out of (cheeseburger, hamburger, steak, hotdogs, white hots, italian sausage, chicken, fish, fried ham, Grilled Cheese, or eggs), which are placed on top of a choice of two out of four sides (homefries, french fries, baked beans or macaroni salad). On top of that you get the options of mustard and onions and the signature ingredient: Nick's "hot sauce" - a greasy spiced sauce containing ground meat. The garbage plate also comes with a side of starchy white Italian-style bread and butter. Most patrons typically smother this in ketchup, mustard or a hot sauce, particularly Franks Red Hot. A1 Steak Sauce is also usually available.


Holy gastric orgasm, Batman!!! Read that again whilst I close my eyes and think back to a time where I would have moved to Rochester just to be near the restaurant that invented that beautiful monstrosity.

Now if you will all excuse me, my gullet would like to do the epecurian equivalent of masturbating over and over again while my brain tries to figure out a reason for the family (or just me) to make a day trip to Rochester, New York.

Wait a minute. I just thought of something. Rochester, New York has given me the one thing I love most (my wife) and the thing that I might leave her for:

The Garbage Plate.