The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Friday, July 28, 2006
Dad's night out
Once a month, GBD goes out for MNO. No, it's not Men Need Oral. It's Mom's Night Out.

See, GBD is in a mom's group and has been since 1doh was a few months old, and once a month these broads get together for a meal and cocktails and probably bitch about their husbands.

Well, mine doesn't bitch about me because I'm perfect. But I'm sure the rest do.

Anyway, I'm always complaining about not having a Dad's Night Out. Granted, I don't actually complain about it to her, since if I was the one working at home with the kids, I'd have gone insane about 3 days after starting that job. Needless to say I appreciate her efforts and therefore I don't complain openly, TO HER, about MNO.

But I've always wanted there to be a DNO. UnkTodd and I talk about it often, and we agree there should be a DNO.

So last night, without UnkTodd, I decided to make a little DNO of my own.

See, my buddy Camp Cashion had his brother and sister-in-law in for the week, and I haven't seen them since the horseshoe tournament three or so years ago that saw their dog smacked with a wayward horseshoe. It was the dog's fault by the way, and he ended up with a $500 root canal.

So since I missed the Sunday grill out and bullshit session, I decided it'd head over there last night or a few beers and fellowship.

Well I had a few beers and enjoyed some fellowship, getting bitten by their "gentle" bird, getting my toe split open by a very excited Huck, and then the sad realization that regardless of how many beers I had, it was Thursday and not Friday night, so I had to go home and get sleep so I could get up for work today. That realization sucked donkey balls.

It was also nice to see former BDL teammate Waller again. I further enjoyed seeing a BonCash unfettered by childcare responsibilities and in the comfort of her own home socially without the responsibility of a post festivities drive. If you get a chance to sit with BonCash for a few minutes when she's got a buzz, do it. It's totally worth it.

That said, these are some things I enjoy:

* Beers with friends, both new and old.
* Talking about the finer points of "The Brazilian" with an actual Brazilian. Oh, and I learned something, by the way. I was told that it means to be hairless from "the anus to the clitoris." (Her words, not mine). Yet that description was followed by a gesturing and a repeat saying "hairless to here," and the gesture ended at the belt buckle.

I've got news for you. If THAT'S where the man in the boat resides, then I've been looking in the COMPLETELY wrong place for that little bastard.

* Proving to someone that their bird is not harmless by letting him bite me in the fucking finger.
* Seeing little girls with suntans and eggshell white bums getting out of the tub. Mine, the Cashion's, whomevers. They are just cute enough to make you burst into flames.
* The laughter of any kids under five when you hold them over your head. It's funny, but they ALL go insane with laughter when you do that.
* Talking about and seeing photos of CampCashion's BIL's new house, to be moved into in mid-August. THAT is going to be goodtime central fo shizzle my bizzle.
* And mostly, just the easiness of hanging out with true friends. There might not be anything better in the whole wide world.
1 Comments:
Blogger Ben said...
Brazilians seem to be a hot topic in blogland recently. I'm not a fan.

Much to difficult to enjoy sex while constantly reminding yourself that you aren't having it with a 12-year-old.

I'm a fan of 'the landing strip.'