The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Monday, July 17, 2006
The new funniest man alive
Let me tell you a story about my neighbors. I won't give their names, but I will refer to them as Mikka and Chewy.

Mikka is a slender blonde mid-twenties medical sales rep and chewy is a 30ish something sales rep. They both went to an SEC school and are sports fans.

It's been almost two years now since Mikka and Chewy moved in down the street. We were cordial early on but weren't sure if we'd like them or not, them being younger DINKS with whom we might not have much in common.

Then, over the last six months or so, we started talking with them more and more and having them up for cocktails and daytime cooks on the weekend and such, and we've gotten to be fairly close. We've had some really good times with them and are glad we became friends.

Well, after the first few meetings, we got a hint about the real Chewy and his warped sense of humor, and I was thrilled. Chewy is willing to say hideously inappropriate things at precisely the right time, and he's one of the few people that can make me laugh out loud.

Well, Saturday night we went out for dinner and drinks for GBD's birthday, and then we headed back to the BIL's place for drinks and a game of TMLSB bashing trivia where I am forced to be on the women's team and GBD on the men's because we often are opposite on the spectrum of gender specific trivia. I know a lot of chick stuff and my wife can be one of the guys better than about anyone else's wife.

After that it was back to our house for late night messiness. We stayed up WAY too late but had a bunch of laughs, until finally it was time to go according to Mikka.

She looked at her husband and said something to the effect of "It's really late and it's time to go."

Chewy responded immediately without considering who was there and said, "Young lady, you've just earned yourself a little anal."

And she just shook her head with a sly little grin as if he'd done nothing more than told an off-color joke or had burped or something.

I nearly wet my pants laughing at that. I will do my best to document some more of his shenanigans.


p.s. After they got home, Mikka looked at Chewy and said "You can't say stuff like that, or they're going to think I'm a whore."

Chewy replied "You have to be comfortable with who you are, honey. You ARE a whore."

Just knowing her and that that conversation occurred has had me laughing all day.