The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Friday, July 21, 2006
An oldie but a goodie
(I posted this in January, but I only had two readers then, and I already know my mom's answers to this).


I was working on the laptop of a guy at my office and we were talking during the "work," when he said something like "How many jobs have you had?"

"A lot," I replied.

"I've had a lot too," he said.

I always thought that I'd had a lot of jobs. Then he proceeded to show me a list of all of his jobs. He is a little older than me (maybe five years), but his list of jobs was extensive.

See, since I was 25 years old, I've only had two jobs. But between 13 and 25 years of age, I had jobs o' plenty.

And that got me thinking. How many jobs have I actually had?

And the thing about looking back and trying to remember jobs is that it's similar to trying to recount or remember sexual partners (I assume). A job / person or two always gets overlooked.

Anyway, just to get the ball rolling, I am going to list jobs that I had over the years to the best of my recollection. If at some point I remember more, I will simply copy and paste the old list into a new entry and add the recently recalled job.

Enjoy everybody!

(I am going from most recent to oldest as best I can).

  1. Hardwood Lump Charcoal Sales and Distribution
  2. Catering
  3. Computer Systems Consultant
  4. Network Administrator for world's largest condom manufacturer
  5. IT Tech Support rep for worst RF equipment manufacturer in America
  6. Customer Service rep for Primerica Life Insurance
  7. Telemarketer (for about 30 minutes)
  8. Customer Service Manager for phone-based job listings search company
  9. customer service rep for 800 and 900 number service provider
  10. Bouncer and Waiter for Atlanta sports bar
  11. Customer Service Rep for Mitsubishi in Irvine, California
  12. Customer Service Rep for Toshiba in Irvine, California
  13. Bouncer and Waiter for Atlanta sports bar
  14. Waiter at Buckhead Mellow Mushroom
  15. AP clerk for the IRS in Atlanta
  16. Stocker for Turtles records and tapes
  17. Pizza kitchen and appetizer"chef" at Denaro's Restaurant in Auburn, AL
  18. Pizza Delivery guy for Morton's Pizza in Auburn, AL
  19. Shift Supervisor / area designer for Pizza Hut Delivery
  20. Stock boy at Bargaintown in Opelika, AL
  21. Landscaper / shrub planter / pinestraw spreader
  22. Order taker at Pizza Hut delivery
  23. Busboy at Fuddruckers in Atlanta
  24. Runner / cleanup guy at J.C. Penny's in Atlanta
  25. Bagboy at Kroger in Atlanta
  26. Dishwasher at Mario's Italian Ristonrante
  27. Dishwasher at Swenson's Ice Cream in Atlanta
I think that might be it. Actually, I'm fairly certain that's not it at all, but until I hear from someone who hired me or fired me or laughed when they heard about either, this'll be the list.

How about you? How many jobs have YOU had? Can you list them?
2 Comments:
Blogger Taz said...
5 and yea I can list them
Graphic Designer
Receptionist in a Gastro's Office
Stripper (I stripped negatives not naked) - printShop
Typesetter - printshop
Ice Cream Dipper

Blogger Blurmaster General said...
VP Information Technology
VP COO
VP Production
Production MGR
Graphic Designer
Gas Station Attendant
Car Washer
Lawn Mower
Grocery Bagger