The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Monday, July 24, 2006
Remember the movie 9 1/2 Weeks?

Well, you're not gonna like this then. Here's a recent photo of film "star" and "professional" boxer Mickey Rourke.


Holy crap, people. This is the guy that all the girls were damp over just under two decades ago. Whatever happened to the dreamy and mysterious guy from Wild Orchid or Angel Heart? This guy didn't age gracefully at all. He didn't start looking mor eand more dignified. He turned into a combination of Mickey Rooney and Doctor Evil.

Oh, and when I googled him to see what movies he'd been in, I got this story:

Hollywood star MICKEY ROURKE has an unusual way of dealing with his anger - he cuts off his finger. The actor was taken to hospital and had to endure eight hour surgery to save his finger. Rourke is no stranger to violence, he trained as a boxer in his youth and took a five year break from his acting career to take the sport up professionally. The eccentric star says, "I cut my little finger off because I thought I didn't want it. I was angry about something so I decided I didn't need the end of the little finger on my left hand. "I didn't cut it off completely - it was still hanging on a tendon - and an English friend, GARY, carefully carried the end of it as we went to hospital to try to rectify the situation. It took the surgeon eight hours to sew it back on. I still can't bend it properly."


Ummm....what? He "thought he didn't want" his little finger?

Jesus Christ, dude. That's screwed up.

Oh, and while I was looking and reading this story, I found a few more fabulous pictures.


Here's one of Mickey wearing God knows what staring at Brittney Murphy's moneymaker.


Here's Mickey doing his best to look like Karl Lagerfeld.



And here's one of Mickey looking like a corpse.


When is Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man 2 coming out anyway?


2 Comments:
Blogger Taz said...
and to think he looked so good in HD&MM ::sigh::

Blogger Taz said...
BTW I think he looks like Tim Burton of "The Corpse Bride" and "Nightmare Before Christmas" fame in the last pic.

p.s. I hate hitting the Publish button and then thinking of something else I want to say.