The Adventures of TMLSB
I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
What would we do without kids?
Besides sleep!

Yesterday, despite looking for every excuse imagineable to get out of working out, I did it anyway. I did 4.2 miles and felt great during and afterwards for the first time in a while. I have taken to wearing five pound wrist weights and doing punches and shoulder rolls and wide arcs and stuff just trying to increase the flexibility in my chest. There's still a spot from where they harvested the artery that hurts like shit after I work out, and I think it's because I haven't focused on it enough.

Anyway, we (and by that I mean GBD) finally got every load of laundry washed, dried, folded and put away. I think it was close to 20 loads. How absurd is that? I mean, people shouldn't have 20 loads worth of clothes period, but 20 loads of dirty clothes is beyond the pale.

So after doing some photo uploads to flickr.com, I showered and settled in for a little Rockstar: (non) Supernova. I can't even discuss how bad this is right now. I will get into that another time.

For the third night in a row, the itches came. Not like the last two nights, but it was still there, so I took two Benadryl and hoped for blissful slumber.

How wrong I was.

On my way down to get said Benadryl, I bumped into 1Doh leaving her room after ending her streak of going one night in a row without wetting her bed. She's just switched to sleeping in underpants and no pull up, and she's not doing badly. Besides, 10:30pm is WAY better than 3am for that stuff.

But I got to change the pee-proof sheets (hush Budgyrl), start a load of wash, re-make the bed and find some acceptable pj's and underpants. Oh, and she wanted water. Man, I hate the battle of "no, you better not have water, lest ye pee agai."

2Doh woke up to eat around 11:30 and hit the rack again around midnight. Then she got up at 4:30am or so for some ibuprofen and some snuggling, after which I put her back to bed and slept another 40 minutes.

Sometimes it feels good to get some work where I can get some real rest.
1 Comments:
Blogger Taz said...
If the conference room is vacant you can always crawl under the table for a nice nap. I've been having some sleep issues lately so I feel your pain.